FAA Requirements to obtain commercial license http://www.ppgs101.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/FAA-Requirements-to-Obtain-a-Commercial-Pilot-Certificate.pdf?trk=profile_certification_title

TCCAとFAAの相互切り替えに関するPDF https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_61-135A.pdf

Do a search and try and find all the info. It has been discussed in detail before.

The short version for a CPL with MEIFR conversion

@#$! it. I’ll fill out the whole procedure cause I have time and due to jet lag, I’m not tired.

1. Fill out the form on the FAA website with your details and where you plan to write the FAA Air Law exam and the IFR exam

http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificate … ification/ Form and fax number located on this webpage

2. Fax said form to the FAA personnel office in Oklahoma

3. Wait for confirmation of your Canadian license with the letter from the FAA. They will mail it to your mailing address as filled out in the form above.

4. Book at a lasergrade training center in the US to write the Air Law exam http://www.lasergrade.com/psi-faa.html

5. Book a meeting at the local FSDO office near where you are writing the exam http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/fsdo/

6. Book an FAA medical. List of examiners located here: http://www.faa.gov/pilots/amelocator/

7. Travel to said city to write the exam

8. Get your FAA medical. The visual and hearing tests are very different from Canadian doctors and take some getting used to. They have you look in a box and state where you see red lines and which side of the circle has a gap. It changes as you look at it. Look in, state what you immediately see and then stop looking. If you keep looking you may state a wrong answer that may have them looking for an eye condition that doesn’t exist because you didn’t know the procedure.

9. Go to FSDO office with your medical, test results, Canadian license and your logbook. You must have all of this. They usually stop admitting applicants after 2:30pm. If you are missing anything, they will send you on your merry little way. The FSDO offices are now like entering airports. Try not to bring anything metal with you

10. Wait for a shiny green and white plastic card to arrive in the mail saying you are now a licensed FAA pilot.

Before you can exercise the privileges of your US license, you need to have both a commercial flight test and an IFR flight test. If you have a Canadian ATPL and you do the conversion, you only have to do the IFR flight test.

For the studying, I used Gleim’s online ATPL study guide. Well worth every penny. In and out of the testing center in 8 minutes with 96% even after checking all my answers 3 times.

http://www.gleim.com/aviation/online_co … neral_Main

Here is everything in a nutshell. My honest opinion, unless you really need the US license now, I would wait until you have your ATPL. When you upgrade your Canadian license your US license won’t follow along and you will need to do the full ATPL course to get your FAA ATP as they will not convert your Canadian license twice.

Good luck!